Have you ever indulged in Oreo cookie balls? The first time I ate one I think my eyes rolled back in my head, which is funny, because I had never really loved Oreos. But Oreo cookie balls are a whole ‘nother ball game, y'all! They are delicious and this red velvet variation is absolutely amazing (and perfect for Valentine's Day and Christmas). Read on to learn how to make these Oreo cookie balls that will rock your world.
Red Velvet Oreo Cookie Balls Recipe
Yields: 1 dozen This post contains some affiliate links for your shopping convenience if you are like me and order everything from Amazon :) Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- 20-24 Red Velvet Oreo cookies
- 8 oz brick of cream cheese – softened
- 12 oz bag of white chocolate melts or white chocolate chips
- Assorted sprinkles
- Optional- red chocolate melts
1. Line a large baking pan with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
2. Open the brick of cream cheese and place in a large mixing bowl to soften at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Pulse the red velvet Oreo cookies (the whole cookie) into crumbs in a food processor.
3. Add the softened cream cheese and mix well with a rubber spatula until well incorporated (this will count as your arm workout for the day–you're welcome).
4. Cover and chill for 30 minutes for easier handling.
5. Roll the Oreo mixture into 1 inch balls and place on the lined baking sheet. Chill for an additional 15 minutes.
6. In a double boiler pan, melt the white chocolate melts under low/medium heat. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Pour into a shallow bowl for easier dipping.
3. Dip an Oreo ball into the melted chocolate and place back on the lined baking sheet. Immediately cover it with sprinkles. The chocolate will harden rather quickly because the Oreo balls have been chilled so be sure to sprinkle right away or you may have to dip the balls again in the chocolate.
4. Repeat step 3 until all of the truffles have been coated with chocolate and sprinkled. You could also drizzle some melted red chocolate melts on top of the truffles, if you wanted to add more color. Change the colors up for any holiday or event :)
Now you are ready to enjoy these phenomenal Oreo cookie balls. And if you've found a new addiction, I'm sorry. I truly am! I only indulge in these a couple times a year and they are definitely worth the splurge when I do!
Store your red velvet Oreo cookie balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator :) Enjoy!