Making your own Christmas stockings can be so fun to make and handmade stockings can be kept in families for generations! If you are looking for creative DIY Christmas stockings (or for creative ways to hang your Christmas stockings) you have come to the right place :) I rounded-up the most creative DIY Christmas stocking ideas I could find! And before you check out all of these awesome DIY Christmas stockings, I wanted to let you know that I have some gorgeous Christmas printables in my super affordable printable art shop that I think you will love! You can check them out below:
DIY Christmas Stocking Ideas
1) Sewn Paper Stockings from picklebums.com– Are you looking for Christmas stocking ideas that are non-traditional? Check out these fun paper stockings. Pack them full of goodies and give them to friends who deserve a little something extra special!
2) Elf Christmas Stockings from mycakies.com–These whimsical and funky stockings are high on my list of awesome Christmas stocking ideas. They can be customized with all kinds of embellishments and trims and look SO FUN all hanging together!
3) Christmas Gift Card Mini Stockings from flamingotoes.com–Christmas stocking ideas that double as wrapping? Yes please! I am OBSESSED with these cute little mini stockings. They are perfect for dressing up what sometimes feels like the most mundane present– the dreaded gift card! These make them extra special :)
4) 10 Minute Christmas Stocking Tutorial from crazylittleprojects.com–Looking for fast Christmas stocking ideas that produce great results? Check out this easy tutorial. You can make them out of any fabric that matches your holiday decor and style, and have them ready in time for stuffing on Christmas eve!
5) Simple Burlap Christmas Stockings from designdininganddiapers.com–Sometimes simple really is best. Lots of Christmas stocking ideas are fancy and frilly. This DIY is the opposite! If you love a rustic farmhouse look, then these are the perfect stockings for your home!
6) DIY Felt Stockings With Tassels & Poms from newblooming.com–Pompoms and tassels. This stocking has it all! These super cute Christmas stocking ideas are right up my alley! I LOVE that they manage to combine a simplistic look with festive pompoms AND tassels.
7) DIY Christmas Stockings from kojo-designs.com–This is another Christmas stocking that balances two looks beautifully. The leather with the plain muslin is perfect together, and strikes a lovely rustic and boho chord.
8) Easy DIY Felt Pom Pom Stockings from hellowonderful.com–MORE POMPOMS!!!! Christmas stocking ideas with fun color and pompoms are always a clear winner for me. I love these and I love how easy they are to make!
9) No-Sew Christmas Stocking from the SaltyCanary.com –We can't all sew (I try but it isn't always pretty!) so Christmas stocking ideas that only take a glue gun are a great option. This stocking is a great no-sew option and they are SUPER cute!
10) Wood Slice Stocking Hangers from designertrapped.com— Once you have made your stockings, you are going to need a way to hang them. I love these wood slices with hooks I made last year when we didn't have a mantel. They worked great and looked super cool!
11) DIY Branch Stocking Display from themerrythought.com–Want something a little more rustic and simple? Try a beautiful branch with greenery like this DIY.
12) DIY Stocking Holder Stand from designertrapped.com–For the home with no mantel that still wants to proudly display your Christmas stockings, this is an awesome option. I love how cute it looks and the options to customize it are endless!
13) DIY Joy Stocking Holders from Two Thirty-Five Designs–For a more classic and glam stocking hanger, follow this DIY for this beautiful set. A little bling on the mantel always makes things merry and bright!