This chicken in basil cream sauce is a nice break from the usual pasta. Perfect for a busy school night, it is creamy and delicious and a family favorite!
This easy pasta dish is AMAZING! We all love pasta at our house (Joe is Italian after all!), but get tired of noodles and red sauce. This chicken and basil dish is a nice break from the same old recipe that is my pasta stand by. The cream sauce isn't too heavy and the flavors are awesome. It is going in the rotation as a go-to for those busy nights when we have had a long day, but still want something filling and yummy!
I have done step by step photos and directions below. If you don't need that and want to skip down to the print-friendly recipe, go straight to the bottom!
Heat butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Dip chicken tenderloins into the milk, and then bread crumbs. Sauté until browned on both sides and cooked through.
To the skillet that you cooked the chicken in, add chicken broth and boil for 1-2 minutes. Mix in the minced garlic, then add of heavy whipping cream into the skillet with the broth.
Add roasted red peppers into the skillet and continue to cook the mixture. Mix in mozzarella cheese.
Add in the chopped basil to the skillet. Mix well and stir continuously for an additional minute. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until read to serve.
Serve sliced chicken tenderloins topped with the basil cream sauce over your favorite noodles. Garnish with chopped basil and enjoy!
Chicken in Basil Cream Sauce
Yield 4 servings
This chicken in basil sauce pasta dish is a nice break from traditional spaghetti. Perfect for a busy school night, it is creamy and delicious and a family favorite!
- 1 ½ - 2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 c. Chicken broth
- 2 c. Heavy whipping cream
- ¼ c. Chopped fresh basil
- ⅓ c. Chopped roasted red peppers
- ½ c. Milk
- 1 c. Italian bread crumbs
- 6 tbsp. Butter
- 1 ½ c. Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Clove minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place 3 tablespoons of butter into a skillet over medium high heat. Dip half of the chicken tenderloins into the milk, and then dip them into the bread crumbs. Place them into the skillet with the melted butter, and sauté until browned on both sides and cooked through. When cooked, remove from heat and keep warm.
- Repeat step 1 with the remaining chicken tenderloins. Place the chicken aside and keep warm while you prepare the sauce.
- To the skillet that you cooked the chicken in, add a cup of chicken broth. Bring the broth to a boil, and boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in 1 clove of minced garlic.
- Add 2 cups of heavy whipping cream into the skillet with the broth.
- Pour in ⅓ cup of roasted red pepper into the skillet. Cook the mixture for an additional 2 minutes.
- Mix in 1 cup of mozzarella cheese to the sauce.
- Add in ¼ cup chopped basil to the skillet. Stir well to combine the sauce. Stir continuously for an additional minute, and them keep the heat on a low simmer until read to serve. Stir occasionally if not serving immediately.
- Serve sliced chicken tenderloins over a bed of noodles, and drizzle your basil cream sauce on top.