Thank you to DAP Products for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are 100% my own based on personal experience.
Okay friends, as a DIYer, it’s like…MANDATORY that I make some DIY Christmas ornaments every year, right?! At least that’s the excuse I’m making for myself. Truth is, I just like making ornaments :) Well, today, I am going to show you how to make Christmas ornaments with texture using one of the most basic DIY materials out there…caulk! This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
How to Make Christmas Ornaments With Texture
- Dap Alex Plus Caulk, white
- Caulk gun
- Small screw eyes
- Wood slices, 3 to 4 inch diameter
- Green and gold paint
- Small paint brush
How to make Christmas ornaments with texture–the steps:
1) Use your pencil to sketch out whatever shape you want. I sketched out a Christmas tree.
2) Use your caulk gun to fill in the outline that you have drawn with caulk. You don’t have to be too precise with this step.
3) Next, use your paint brush to more precisely fill in the entire outline with the caulk.
4) Allow your caulk to dry. The DAP Alex Plus caulk is awesome and is paintable in 30 minutes :) Then, you are ready to paint it! I used two different color greens for the tree part and gold metallic paint for the tree trunk.
5) After your paint dries, screw a small screw eye to the top of the ornament and finish it off with some baker’s twine or ribbon so you can hang it up and enjoy it!
That’s it! So, so easy! I’m so excited about how awesome the texture on this project is. I am already thinking of more things that I can “paint” with caulk! Check out the finished ornament.
What do you think?! I think I am in love :)